Stewart J. Tepper, MD, FAHS
Professor of Neurology,
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Director, Dartmouth Headache Center
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Lebanon, New Hampshire
Rami Burstein, PhD
John Hedley-Whyte Professor of Anesthesia and Neuroscience,
Vice Chairman, Neuroscience
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care
Harvard Medical School
As a result of participation in this educational activity, participants should increase their ability to:
Analyze clinical trial data for acute therapies and updates on current preventive therapies.
Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Resolution
Educational activities provided by Forefront Collaborative must demonstrate balance, independence, and scientific rigor. All those in a position to control the content of an activity must disclose all relevant financial relationship(s) with commercial interest(s)*. For this educational activity, all conflicts of interest have been resolved through peer review and revisions to ensure independence, evidence base, fair balance, and absence of commercial bias. Disclosures appear below as they were at the launch of this activity.
*The ACCME defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, reselling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests – unless the provider of clinical service is owned, or controlled by, an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
The following individuals have indicated that neither they nor their spouses/partners have had, in the past 12 months, financial relationship(s) with commercial interests relative to the content of this CME activity:
- Planner (Forefront Collaborative): Leah Johnson
- Planner (Patient Faculty): Anonymous Patient
The following individuals have disclosed that they and/or their spouse/partner has had a financial relationship in the past 12 months:
Faculty: Stewart J. Tepper, MD, FAHS
- Consultant/Advisory Boards: Acorda, Aeon, Alexza, Align Strategies, Allergan, AlphaSights, Amgen, Aperture Venture Partners, Aralez Pharmaceuticals Canada, Axsome Therapeutics, Becker Pharmaceutical Consulting, BioDelivery Sciences International, Biohaven, Charleston Labs, CRG, Currax, Decision Resources, DeepBench, Eli Lilly, eNeura, Equinox, ExpertConnect, GLG, GlaxoSmithKline, Guidepoint Global, Healthcare Consultancy Group, Health Science Communications, Impel, Lundbeck, M3 Global Research, Magellan Rx Management, Marcia Berenson Connected Research and Consulting, Medicxi, Navigant Consulting, Neurolief, Nordic Biotech, Novartis, PULMATRiX, Reckner Healthcare, Relevale, Revance, SAI MedPartners, Satsuma, Scion NeuroStim, Slingshot Insights, Sorrento, Spherix Global Insights, Sudler and Hennessey, Synapse Medical Communications, Teva, Theranica, Thought Leader Select, Trinity Partners, Xoc, Zosano
- Research Grants: Alder, Allergan, Amgen, Biohaven, Dr. Reddy’s, ElectroCore, Eli Lilly, eNeura, Neurolief, Novartis, Scion NeuroStim, Teva, Zosano
- Stock Options: Nocira, Percept
Faculty: Rami Burstein, PhD
- Consulting Fee: Allergan, Biohaven, Eli Lilly, Teva
- Advisory Board: Allergan, Biohaven, Eli Lilly, Teva
- Contracted Research: Allergan, Biohaven, Eli Lilly, Teva
Planner: Lilia Zurkovsky, PhD
- Stock Ownership: Teva
The target audience is headache specialists and primary care physicians. Other healthcare professionals who treat patients with migraine, including general neurologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists, may benefit from participation in the proposed educational activities.
Forefront Collaborative is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Forefront Collaborative designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Content Review
The views and opinions expressed in this activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily reflect the views or recommendations of Forefront Collaborative and Lilly.
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed by two reviewers. The reviewers of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This continuing medical education activity will include reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices.
This activity is provided by Forefront Collaborative.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Lilly. For further information concerning Lilly grant funding, visit www.lillygrantoffice.com.