Stewart J. Tepper, MD, FAHS
Professor of Neurology,
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Director, Dartmouth Headache Center
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Lebanon, New Hampshire
Deborah I. Friedman, MD, MPH, FAAN, FAHS
Professor of Neurology & Ophthalmology
Department of Neurology & Neurotherapeutics
Director, Headache and Facial Pain Program
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Rashmi B. Halker Singh, MD, FAHS, FAAN
Headache Fellowship Program Director
Associate Professor of Neurology
As a result of participation in this educational activity, participants should increase their ability to:
Differentiate burden and presentation across primary headache disorders (eg, migraine, cluster headache).
Analyze clinical trial data for acute therapies and updates on current preventive therapies.
Individualize treatment paradigms for migraine in line with current standards of practice and guidelines.
Engage patients on topics of adherence to long-term migraine preventive treatment.
Address challenges to diagnosis and treatment presented by COVID-related factors, such as physical distancing and headache features.
Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Resolution
Educational activities provided by Forefront Collaborative must demonstrate balance, independence, and scientific rigor. All those in a position to control the content of an activity must disclose all relevant financial relationship(s) with commercial interest(s)*. For this educational activity, all conflicts of interest have been resolved through peer review and revisions to ensure independence, evidence base, fair balance, and absence of commercial bias. Disclosures appear below as they were at the launch of this activity.
*The ACCME defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, reselling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests – unless the provider of clinical service is owned, or controlled by, an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
The following individuals have indicated that neither they nor their spouses/partners have had, in the past 12 months, financial relationship(s) with commercial interests relative to the content of this CME activity:
- Planners (Forefront Collaborative): Leah Johnson
- Planner (Patient Faculty): Anonymous Patient
The following individuals have disclosed that they and/or their spouse/partner has had a financial relationship in the past 12 months:
Faculty Presenter: Stewart Tepper, MD
- Consultant/Advisory Boards: Acorda, Aeon, Alexza, Align Strategies, Allergan, AlphaSights, Amgen, Aperture Venture Partners, Aralez Pharmaceuticals Canada, Axsome Therapeutics, Becker Pharmaceutical Consulting, BioDelivery Sciences International, Biohaven, Charleston Labs, CRG, Currax, Decision Resources, DeepBench, Eli Lilly, eNeura, Equinox, ExpertConnect, GLG, GlaxoSmithKline, Guidepoint Global, Healthcare Consultancy Group, Health Science Communications, Impel, Lundbeck, M3 Global Research, Magellan Rx Management, Marcia Berenson Connected Research and Consulting, Medicxi, Navigant Consulting, Neurolief, Nordic Biotech, Novartis, PULMATRiX, Reckner Healthcare, Relevale, Revance, SAI MedPartners, Satsuma, Scion NeuroStim, Slingshot Insights, Sorrento, Spherix Global Insights, Sudler and Hennessey, Synapse Medical Communications, Teva, Theranica, Thought Leader Select, Trinity Partners, Xoc, Zosano
- Research Grants: Alder, Allergan, Amgen, Biohaven, Dr. Reddy’s, ElectroCore, Eli Lilly, eNeura, Neurolief, Novartis, Scion NeuroStim, Teva, Zosano
- Stock Options: Nocira, Percept
Faculty Presenter: Deborah Friedman, MD
- Advisory Board: Allergan, Biohaven, Eli Lilly, Impel, Invex, Lundbeck, Revance, Teva, Theranica, Zosano
- Contracted Research: Allergan, Eli Lilly, Merck, Zosano
Faculty Presenter: Rashmi Halker Singh, MD
- Advisory Board: Impel, Supernus
Planner: Lilia Zurkovsky, PhD
- Stock Ownership: Teva
The target audience for this activity is headache specialists and primary care physicians. Other healthcare professionals, including general neurologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists, who treat patients with migraine may benefit from participation in the proposed educational activities.
Forefront Collaborative is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Forefront Collaborative designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABPN MOC: The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed Lifting the Burden: Customizing Treatment for Patients With Headache Disorders and has approved this program as part of a comprehensive continuing medical education (CME) program, which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of continuing certification.
ABIM MOC: Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.0 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
CME Content Review
The views and opinions expressed in this activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily reflect the views or recommendations of Forefront Collaborative and Lilly.
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed by two reviewers. The reviewers of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This continuing medical education activity will include reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices.
This activity is provided by Forefront Collaborative.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Lilly.
Unless otherwise specifically prohibited, you may temporarily download one copy of the materials for personal, noncommercial use only. You may not modify or copy the materials, use them for any commercial purpose or public display (commercial or noncommercial), remove any copyright or other proprietary notations, or transfer the materials to another person or online site.